Review: Casa Rastelli- Best cafe in Lancaster

My two son's don't ask to go to Mc Donald's for a Happy meal, or a play area when they have been good... they ask to go to Casa Rastelli for some cake! 

Whenever we are in Lancaster city centre, the boys have come to expect that if they are good, they get to visit Casa Rastelli. 

This is good news for me, because I absolutely love this place. 

Located within the shopping centre, this little eatery is in an ideal location, with plenty of options with regards to seating, and a menu that caters for most appetites. 

The prices are exceptional, as portion size and quality, far exceeds that of all of the competition in the area, such as cafe nero, starbucks and costa. 

Every time I take my boys, the staff treat them with a lot of respect, care and attention. They are treated like the rest of the customers, despite their age. My son's love this, they don't get this anywhere else, and it makes a massive difference. 

The first time we visited Casa Rastelli, my son had fallen over in the street and was feeling very sorry for himself. I took him for a slice of cake to cheer him up. I asked if they would make him a warm milk. They said that they would bring my order to me, which was a massive help with two toddlers, however, this is the level of dedication that is shown to each customer. When the lady brought our order to us, I was amazed at the portion size. She had remembered that it was for my son, and placed it in front of him. She had also remembered who had ordered which drinks. Each drink came with a biscuit, including my son's milk. This made him feel very grown up. The slice of cake was decorated with an artistic butterfly, created by sauce dressings. 

Since then, we have visited at least once a week. The boys love going in, and go straight up to the staff now to say hello. They feel valued and comfortable. 


Every time I visit this cafe, the staff are always friendly and kind. They always exceed the average levels of customer service, and make each and every customer feel like an individual. The staff really make this place special, and for all of these reasons, I believe, that this is the very best cafe in Lancaster, and the best cafe I have been in, in my entire life. 

It reminds me of 'central perk' in the sitcom 'friends'. A warm, friendly, inviting place, which can accommodate your needs regardless of your mood, you will always leave with a smile. It is built on the old fashioned values of quality, value for money and fantastic customer service.

Casa Rastelli is good for the soul! 

Go along and visit for yourself, and come back and leave me your own feedback. Don't forget to pick up a loyalty card too, because you'll be back.