Something Beautiful, Brotherly love...and hate.

Alfie is fast approaching the 6 month mark. I am still getting used to him being here even though it is like he has been here forever! Finn is also still getting used to him, but I am starting to see their love for each other and their bond more and more each day. Its really lovely to see.

Finn hated Alfie at first, and having a new baby brother really upset him. He stopped talking, started waking in the night and even went off his food. Finn is absolutely massive for a 2 year old, so to go off his food, well we were really really worried about him.

Ben has only become closer to Finn as a lot more of my time has been taken up by Alfie. Ben has been doing the 'morning shift' of getting up with Finn, while I sleep until Alfie is ready to get up. This used to be afternoon and waking Alfie was like waking a teenager!!!

This just made Finn and me drift further apart, and it shattered me totally, but now Alfie is bigger and Finn has taken to him a bit more, I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. I am having the odd bit of special time with my biggest boy, and I cherish it. I will take anything I am given, even if it's just a poo filled nappy, I will take it with pleasure just to feel a bit closer to my biggest boy.

Finn has always allowed his guard to come down when it is just Him, Alfie and Myself. But this guard has only really been dropped slightly, and only when Finn is almost ready for a sleep. However now that Alfie is getting older, and he is such a strong character, I am noticing some bonding between them, and a bond of two brothers is something I have never really known, being female and having a large gap between My Brother and Myself. Ben is very close to his Brother, and they have a very Strong and loyal bond. Even when they decide they hate each other, the bond remains strong. It was important to us that Finn could experience that. Having someone that they could rely on and trust so much more than you can a parent or a friend. Someone to play with all of the time. Someone to look after all of the time and someone to look after you all of the time.

Today I heard Finn say "Oh No, Mine Alf Being Naughty!!!" I peeked in to see that Alfie had pulled the table cloth so that he could reach my candle centre piece that Ben's grandma bought me for Christmas this year. Finn was desperately wrestling two long white candles and a silver candle set holder from his baby brother, so that he could quickly put it back. Getting into trouble together already.

Finn was always a bit rough for tiny baby Alfie (Tiny compared to Finn, still quite big as babies go) However the last week I have noticed that Alfie can give as good as he gets. Finn has been so good not hitting him back, but Alfie has picked his moments and given his big brother some tough love.

This week Finn was picking Alfie's toys up off the floor for him, while Alfie was sat above in his high chair causing chaos. As Finn stood up Alfie got him by the hair and started to 'clap' (slap) Finn's face. Poor Finn was so upset so I had to put Alfie in the 'naughty chair' (he was already sat in the high chair) and tell him that he had been naughty, which just made him laugh but made poor Finn feel like justice had been done.

I have a feeling that this is the beginning of something really beautiful.

I love my boys. <3