The Five things that make you happy (Written by Guest blogger Jo)

Well readers it is a fresh, shiny new year, and what better time to introduce a lovely, fellow blogger, who has been so kind as to share her bold, confident, strength, in taking this gloomy month by the horns and embracing it! Thank you Jo for this piece, it definitely provokes some procrastinating thoughts! 


You can find Jo's blog by following the link below. Thanks again Jo!


http://slummysinglemummy.wordpress.com/



Five things that make me happy

January is typically a bit of a doom and gloom month. Everywhere you look people are getting divorced, jumping of bridges, and trying to avoid looking at their January credit card bills. It's not exactly cheery stuff is it?

So, to balance this out, I wanted to be more positive, and to lighten the mood a little. I wanted to think about all the things in my life that I’m grateful for and the little things that make me happy.

Food – I love food. I love everything about it. I love the smells, how it looks, the way it melts and tastes in my mouth, the way it makes me feel. A rose cream when you’re feeling blue – what better way is there to give your day a more positive hue?

Rainbow colours – I don’t know what it is particularly, but there is something about rainbow colours that just makes me feel all warm and cosy. It doesn’t have to be an actual rainbow, it could be anything. Like when I arrange my books in rainbow colour order. That's always fun.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinksherbet/3555460494/


Talking of which...books – books make me happy. I don’t have to be reading them, I could just be looking at them lined up on floor to ceiling bookshelves, or be stroking the smooth front cover of a brand new book, or flicking through the pages and breathing in the papery smell.

Walking and thinking – you know how sometimes you’re out for a walk, or on your way somewhere, and you get into a really good stride, and your mind starts wandering and suddenly you’re having all sorts of brilliant ideas for things to do and you get home feeling like your life is full of possibility? I like that.

Tidying up – perhaps not a terribly sexy thing to admit to enjoying, but I do love just pottering around the house sorting things out and finding homes for things. I don’t like any sort of housework that involves getting my hands wet, so a bit of generic 'tidying up' is a good way of feeling like I’m doing something useful at the same time as having fun.  

What are the small things in your life that make you happy?