My sons first entry into his toddler diary.

Play. Me went downstairs and me went upstairs. Play. Me went downstairs.

Me do have a fireman helmet like Nate! Me have a fireman helmet and a Bob the builder helmet. Me just get another helmet. He have a helmet and me just use other one.

Play and go downstairs with mummy. Go out a town in the afternoon, us went a bank. A morning us went to a car. What your day been? Today, me been playing and playing. Write that mummy. Write town on, write milk on and write juice on. Write some juice on.

Been playing out with Ava. Alfie felled over. Nate was out to see him on him hurt leg. Nate putted a fireman helmet on me. You press the button, it say, Sam is hero next door.

Sitting with me teddy, we did talking about space. About a spaceship. Me was talking about a moon and you was talking about a blue moon, it called strawberry. Blue strawberry. It looks like one of my fireman sam cars go past it. It look like a road with fire engine, me was talking about Elvis on the moon, in a fire engine called Jupiter.
--------------------------------
Mum's version:

Today we went in the car to the bank. Then we came home and talked about space during snack time. I told finn about mars because it was on the news today. We also discussed the fireman sam vehicles being named after some of the eight planets. Finn asked if there was a blue planet, so we talked about jupiter. Then, after tea he went to play outside with his friends. When it was time to come in, finn hugged his friend nate and his friend ava, whom he has a very open first crush on. Ava gave finn a kiss but finn turned to mush and went very shy.